Volleynerd Knowledge Base

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Slingbox


Wahoo! Got a Slingbox HD for xmas (bought it for myself with my pile of Best Buy gift cards - ended up costing me $3 pre-tax).

Some links and info:

Windows Desktop software. Looks like this is "legacy" software now, in favor of the web based viewer. If you want to use custom remotes, you have to use this desktop software.

30-second advance. Since the actual remote for my DVR doesn't natively support this feature (I assigned it to a dead button with a hack), it's natural that the Slingbox UI remote doesn't have it either. Here is a discussion of a guy that tweaks the BIN files that define the remote. Learn more about this! I have the Motorola DCX3400, so check out this thread.

Building custom remotes.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home